This position serves as part of the Student Financial Services financial management office and assists in the analysis and reconciliation of all Financial Aid and Student Accounts transactions that are reported to the General Ledger in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Prples (GAAP).
University Departmental Postings - Daily reviews, processes and posts MyCWU departmental files from Bookstore, Housing/Dining, International Programs, Financial Aid, Library Health Center, Parking, Recreation Center and "autocharge" files. - Daily post web payments made through the CWU payment gateway via batch processing. - Daily processes and posts MyCWU transactions to the General Ledger via SF journals, ensuring that all journals are posted to the correct Department, Account and Project ID, investigating and making corrections when errors occur. - Posts NSF checks to MyCWU accounts and give documentation to the Fiscal Tech 3's for collection. Processes stop payments and voids on MyCWU and forward documents to Accounting for processing on FMS. - Reviews and requests Tuition Late Fee reminder letter be sent and process and post the tuition late fees of $50 and $100 each quarter according to the Academic Calendar.
Credit Balance Refunds - Processes transfers of debit and credit balances on different quarters to ensure the collection of every possible balance due before any refund is processed. - Processes all credit balance refunds resulting from Financial Aid overpayments to students and parents as well as all refunds due to credit card, cash or check overpayments per students' written requests. - Coordinates with Accounting Department to review outstanding refund checks for possible credit balance disposition. - Processes stop payment of refunds, for checks and direct deposits, and corresponding re-issue of refunds in coordination with Accounting and the bank.
Reconciliation and Journal Vouchers - Assists with the monthly reconciliation of all suspense and clearing accounts, researching any differences and preparing correcting journal entries when needed. - Assists with the reconciliation of Financial Aid transactions posted to Student Accounts, ensuring that all aid has been accounted for and has posted to accounts properly. - Runs queries to identify unapplied payments and waivers; notifying cashiers and financial aid of discrepancies that need resolution. - Runs queries for "auto-charges" posted daily to ensure a 1:1 relationship of payment to charge; making sure to correct any misapplied payment or the removal of duplicate charges.
MyCWU System Maintenance - Assists with the set up and maintenance of the SFS module for MyCWU, including but not limited to: - creating speedtypes for departmental receipting - creating new ID #'s for non-students and corporate organizations at the request of departmental personnel. - advising departments on proper procedures surrounding the posting of departmental charges and credits to student accounts - assisting with the quarterly testing of tuition calculation as needed.
Year End - Assist with the preparation of the year-end financial statements. Duties include but are not limited to, the research, documentation and correction of posting errors prior to year-end close, and assisting with account reconciliations.
- Other duties as assigned
• 15 credit hours of college level accounting or bookkeeping, or equivalent work experience.
• Experience or training that demonstrates the ability to use spreadsheet and database applications such as Excel and Access to create and maintain spreadsheets, compare accounting reports, and perform reconciliations.
• Experience reviewing, analyzing and reconciling multiple accounts.
• Experience providing exemplary customer service to clients in stressful, difficult or sensitive interpersonal situations.
• OR equivalent combination of education and/or experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the position.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related area.
• Experience with the General Ledger, including reconciliations and audits of complex accounts.
• Professional level accounting experience in a non-profit, research, government or higher education institution.
• Experience and/or education working with computerized accounting systems such as PeopleSoft Student Administration.
• Accountability/Dependability: Accepts responsibility for quality of own work; acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Shows up on time, meets standards, deadlines and work schedules.
• Judgement: Makes timely, informed decisions. Analyzes options and determines appropriate course of action.
• Teamwork: Promotes cooperation and mutual support to achieve goals. Encourages participation and mutual support.
• Adaptability/Flexibility: Responds positively to changing business needs and responsibilities. Adapts approach and methods to achieve results; recovers quickly from setbacks and finds alternatives.
• Commitment to Diversity: Recognizes the value of diversity and helps create environment that supports and embraces diversity.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
Salary: $3185/month with periodic increases up to $4167/month
Working Conditions: Work is performed in an indoor office setting with frequent in-person interactions. It is essential to be able to remain at a desk/computer work station for prolonged periods of time, perform extensive data entry and other computer-related tasks and create/maintain filing systems for departmental records. Some evening or weekend work and/or occasional travel may be required.
Benefits : CWU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, retirement and optional savings plans, life and disability insurance, along with vacation and sick leave plans depending on employment classification. For additional information please visit: http://www.cwu.edu/hr/benefits-0
How To Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the on-line application and attach:
A detailed cover letter clearly demonstrating how your education and experience: (a) meet the required (and, as applicable, preferred) qualifications, and (b) demonstrate the ability to perform the responsibilities as described by the posting;
Resume including work history, education, training; and
Contact information for three professional references.
Screening Begins: October 22, 2018
**Priority will be given to applications received by the screening date. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 509-963-1202 if you require technical assistance with the on-line application process.
Conditions of Employment
Prior to employment, final candidate(s) will be required to submit to a background check. All information obtained through background investigations will be strictly confidential and revealed only to those required to have access.
Located in historic Ellensburg, Washington, Central Washington University is a public four-year university. Home to over 10,000 students, Central has a commitment to hands-on learning and discovery, which takes students beyond the limits of the classroom and books. Central prepares students to become well-educated citizens who are ready for high-demand careers in the workforce and offers over 150 undergraduate majors as well as graduate studies programs and research. To prepare and enable students to succeed in a global economy, Central partners with over 30 colleges and universities around the world.CWU is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Title IX/Veteran/Disability Employer.