Find what you're looking for in your career, at PacMed as a Refund and Cash Applications Specialist in Seattle, WA\.
This is a full time position \(1\.0 FTE\) in our Business Services department and is eligible for benefits\.
We are seeking a Refund and Cash Applications Specialist to research, request and process all patient and payer refunds for overpayment or incorrect application of payment for patient care services\. The Specialist will also apply payments received via bank locked box to patient's Pacific Medical Centers Accounts Receivable, as well as post cash, conduct contractual adjustments and denial codes to the properly selected patient invoice\.
In this position you will:
- Accurately post payments and zero payments to appropriate FSC on IDX\.
- Calculate/Post contractual adjustments or other adjustments, post insurance message codes and if there is a balance, change the invoice to the next appropriate FSC\.
- Add IDX invoice comments that clearly explain reasons for adjustments, denials or refunds\.
- Research and resolve requests for patient and payer refunds within an established time frame\.
- Research unidentified cash by requesting assistance from payer via telephone or written correspondence\.
- Write the FSC category on the insurance Explanation of Benefits \(EOB\) whenever another insurance is to be billed and gives the copies of EOB's to the appropriate Insurance Claims Specialist for use in billing secondary or supplemental insurances\.
- Balance incoming insurance remittance advices and self\-pay payment stubs received from lockbox with the bank deposit slip\.
- Identify and accurately log all incoming cash receipt information by payer category and submits monthly cash summary to Cash Applications Team Supervisor\.
- Distribute remittance advices and stubs to the cash application staff responsible for that payer category\.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School Diploma or equivalent\.
- Minimum three years' experience in either physician/hospital billing or other healthcare business setting\.
- Proficient with using Microsoft Office products \(Word, Excel\)\.
- Successful extensive customer service experience with patients and insurers\.
- Experience with insurance payer reimbursement
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Associate degree in business\-related field\.
- Billing, collection or cash application experience in a physician group practice\.
Pacific Medical Center:
Pacific Medical Center is an expanding network of outpatient clinics providing primary and specialty care to the greater Seattle area and employing more than 150 providers representing most medical specialties\. Pacific Medical Centers is affiliated with Providence Health & Services, which operates 28 exceptional not\-for\-profit hospitals and more than 350 clinics across the West\. With hundreds of physician and advanced practice provider opportunities in virtually all specialties at any given time, Pacific Medical Centers and Providence offer diverse locations, lifestyles and practice models\. Find what you are looking for in your next practice opportunity with Pacific Medical Centers\! Learn more at www\.pacmed\.org/providerjobs\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details —
Our mission is to provide respectful, high\-quality, patient\-focused healthcare to each person and to the communities we serve\.
Pacific Medical Centers \(PacMed\) is a private, not‐for‐profit, multi‐specialty healthcare network in the Puget Sound region\. Our 9 convenient locations are staffed by a comprehensive network of more than 150 primary and specialty care professionals who are committed to providing the highest\-quality medical care and to developing a compassionate, long\-term relationship with each patient we serve\. Our personalized, patient\-centric system empowers and provides patientswith freedom and choices to partner in their care\. We provide immediate access to cutting\-edge technology, first\-class facilities and board\-certified specialists, many of whom have been listed as among "Seattle's Best Doctors\.", PacMed is committed to providing physical activity and wellness opportunities for our employees\. We have been honored as a 2014 Gold Level Recipient of the American Heart Association's Fit\-Friendly Worksites Recognition program\.
Job Category: Billing / Insurance
Req ID: 153826