Swedish Medical Group is looking for a Clinical Informatics Analyst \(1\.0 FTE/Days\) to work in the Quality Management Department at the Bank of America Building in Seattle, WA\.
The Clinical Informatics Analyst role supports Swedish Medical Group's \(SMG\) goals by creating reports that allow us to improve the quality and value of care that we deliver to our patients\. This role provides analytic support to measure clinical outcomes related to disease, clinical processes, care pathways and population health management\.The objective for this role is to translate clinical questions into meaningful data that help SMG improve the care we provide\. To do this, the Clinical Informatics Analyst converts narrative descriptions of those questions into queries \(i\.e\., SQL\) to abstract medical record \(Epic\) data, works with teammates in Quality & Value \(Q&V\) to iteratively validate the data, develops creative ways of presenting the data \(mostly using Tableau\), and occasionally conducts interpretative or statistical analyses\. The clinical areas are varied but generally Q&V supports ambulatory practices at Swedish \(i\.e\., primary care and outpatient specialty practices\)\.
In this position you will:
- Develop, write, organize and maintain the information and reports needed to understand and improve practice patterns and patient outcomes at Swedish
- Collaborate with Quality & Value, Accountable Care Services, Decision Support, and Financial Analyst teams, physicians, clinic administrators, health plan partners, other Swedish teams and ACO and Providence partners to design routine and ad hoc reports on patients' care and outcomes to drive improvement
- Establish SQL database structure and facilitate routine and non\-routine importation of data into the database and be able to query Epic's Clarity database and other data from Epic as well as other Swedish/Providence data sources
- Select appropriate tools and methods for standard reports; maintain existing application programs, data transfer processes, and documentation, including oversight of monthly processing and reporting
- Code review and other collaboration with Swedish and Providence program developer/database administrators to ensure coordination of efforts and best\-practice sharing where useful
- Areas of Emphasis: Programming and report development, data display, ad hoc analysis, reporting and consultation
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Undergraduate degree required in business, math, statistics, information technology, health informatics or related subject
- Three years of progressive experience in healthcare operations, decision support tools or management of complex databases and analytics
- Three years of recent SQL programming experience required\. Skills should include some combination of: SQL Server 2005, 2008, and/or 2012, Data Warehouse design, MS Access
- Strong working knowledge and demonstrated skills in health care organization, operations metrics for clinical and financial analysis and tracking
- Knowledge of medical insurance contracting and billing processes, CPT and ICD\-9 coding, and operational analysis
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Experience with reporting data out of Epic Clarity and/or Chronicles databases
- Experience with data visualization using Tableau
- Experience and familiarity with statistical analysis methodologies, modeling, and hypothesis testing
About Swedish Medical Group
Swedish Medical Group \(SMG\) is a successful, performance\-driven division of Swedish Health Services, the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area\. The SMG network includes more than 900 providers across more than 130 primary care and specialty care clinics\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Informatics
Req ID: 138104