Kadlec has an exciting opportunity for a Medical Laboratory Technician to join our growing team\!
Shift Details: Per Diem\. Variable shifts\.
- Associate's Degree in chemical, physical or biological science from an accredited educational institution required\.
- Three years general medical laboratory experience or an equivalent blend of training and education is required\. Phlebotomy experience required\.
- Medical Lab Technician \(MLT\) by NCA, ASCLS, AAB, NAACLS, ASCP or HHS required or certification eligible\. Must meet CLIA requirements\. WA State MA\-Certified or MA\-Phlebotomist Licensure must be obtained within 90 days of hire\.
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS required\.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
As a Medical Laboratory Technician, FSED you perform a variety of medical laboratory tests to provide data for use in diagnosis and treatment of diseases follows established standards and practices and performs related duties as assigned\.
- Analyzes patient specimens by performing routine and special diagnostic medical laboratory tests and verifies results following department protocols\.
- Performs and reports quality control on all instrumentation before reporting test results following established quality control policies and procedures\.
- Performs preventative maintenance on a variety of instruments and equipment and documents appropriately\.
- Verifies all normal and abnormal results, correlates abnormal test results with other patient data, seeks pathologist or supervisor consultation if necessary, and notifies appropriate medical staff of test results\.
- Identifies patient blood specimens and performs manual test for blood banking procedures following department protocol\.
- Maintains patients' medical records and verifies accuracy\.
- Verifies patients' insurance, collects co\-payment and provides receipt for patient\. Orders all office supplies and necessities \(paper towels, soap, etc\.\) and maintains appropriate level of inventory\.
- Answers/resolves billing inquiries on Kadlec Clinic accounts in a professional and courteous manner\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details —
Provide safe compassionate care\. We promise to answer the call of every person we serve; to know them, care for them and ease their way\. We are committed to safety, compassion, respect, integrity, stewardship, excellence and collaboration\.
Located in sunny Tri\-Cities, WA, Kadlec is the largest non\-profit healthcare provider in the region\. Kadlec is the premier choice for customer service excellence, providing compassionate healthcare to the region by combining cutting\-edge technology and innovation with evidence\-based, patient\-focused care\. Kadlec is proud to be part of Planetree \(Planetree\.org\) and continues to be recognized nationally as a "Best in Class Employer"\. Kadlec does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, age, color, religion, national origin, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Law\. EOE\.To learn more, click here: http://www\.kadlec\.org/careers/about\-kadlec
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Lab \(Medical Technologist, Medical Lab Technologist\)
Req ID: 154331