Swedish Edmonds is looking for a Supervisor, Blood Bankdepartment \(1\.0 FTE, Evening shift\) in Edmonds, WA\.
The Supervisor, Blood Bank will provide technicalsupervision and direction for the laboratory\. Maintainestablished departmental policies and procedures, objectives, safety,environmental and infection control standards so that the laboratory remains incompliance with accreditation and licensing agencies\. Assure adequate staffingand provide work direction to include scheduling, evaluations and counseling\.Performs the essential job functions of a Medical Technologist\.
Working hours: 2pm\-10:30pm
In this position you will:
- Manage Blood Bank department in CAP accredited Laboratory
- Maintain continuous readiness for the College of American Pathologists Laboratory Accreditation program, The Joint Commission, Federal Drug Administration or other accrediting or licensing agency\.
- Collaborate with other supervisors to ensure smooth and continuous processing of specimens and related activities to meet the expected turnaround times of the laboratory\.
- Lead the document management process for the section of responsibility, to include, but not be limited to: Document preparation \(policies, processes, procedures, forms, memos, training materials, etc\.\); Periodic review; Document changes; Document security; Document communication\.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree \(or equivalent\) in Medical Technology, Clinical Laboratory Sciences, or an appropriately related field, from a regionally accredited college/university\.
- MT/MLS certification by American Society for Clinical Pathology \(ASCP\) or equivalent\.
- Three years of full time acceptable clinical laboratory experience in the U\.S\., Canada or a CAP/The Joint Commission accredited laboratory within the last six years\. These three years of experience must be acquired post baccalaureate degree and be under the supervision of a pathologist \(certified by the American Board of Pathology\) or an appropriately board certified medical scientist\.
- Leadership skills necessary to lead and work in an effective and collaborative team environment\.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Master's degree \(or equivalent\) in Medical Technology, Clinical Laboratory Sciences, or an appropriately related field, from a regionally accredited college/university\.
- Certification as a Specialist in Chemistry, Hematology, Microbiology, or in Blood Banking \(ASCP or equivalent\) and at least three years of lab supervisory experience\.
About the Edmonds Campus\.
Swedish/Edmonds \(formerly Stevens Hospital\) has beenproviding sound and thoughtful care for patients in the greater Seattle areafor more than 45 years\. We pride ourselves in employing only the most qualifiedand caring professionals\. We are not simply a hospital or a workplace\. We are afamily\. We are a community\. Our mission is to improve the health and well\-beingof the community through local, high\-quality and compassionate health careservices\. On Sept\. 1, 2010, Stevens joined the Swedish family and becameSwedish/Edmonds to create an innovative, regional health\-care delivery networkthat provides more local services, while giving residents greater access to thelatest medical treatments and the comprehensive services of the Swedish system\.
The Swedish/Edmonds campus includes:
- 217 licensed beds
- 450 of the most qualified physicians and specialists on medical staff
- 1,400 staff including clinical and non\-clinical personnel
- Full scope of medical and surgical services, including Level IV Trauma emergency medicine, diagnostic, treatment and support services
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Lab \(Medical Technologist, Medical Lab Technologist\)
Req ID: 150257