PURPOSE: This Executive Director provides leadership to Helpline House and its employees, and advances the organization’s overall vision, mission and objectives.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Board of Directors
Strategic Planning and Leadership
· Oversee programs, operations and staffing to ensure quality outcomes and cost-effective management of resources
· Assess and, if necessary, adapt the organization’s offerings in light of changing market conditions and client/customer needs
· Develop a multi-year strategic plan, as well as annual budget and business plan
· Design and implement revenue-generating plans
· Ensure that Helpline House has the systems and equipment needed to operate efficiently and effectively
· Manage strategic relationships, including key stakeholders such as funders, partners and board members
Marketing, Communications and Relationships
· Develop and maintain constructive professional relationships with partner and peer organizations to foster collaborative efforts
· Raise awareness of Helpline House’s products, services and/or programs through traditional media, social media, client communications or other communication channels
· Actively cultivate a local, state and national-level contacts with the aim of bolstering financial and other support for Helpline House
· Represent Helpline House at selected city, county and state legislative proceedings, committee meetings, and community functions
· Prepare for and attend Helpline House board and appropriate committee meetings; keep board and committee members updated as required
· Ensure timely, specific and regular recognition takes place for employees, volunteers, donors and other key stakeholders
· Lead development and publication of annual report
· Review activity reports and financial statements to determine progress and status in attaining objectives
· Direct development of and approve operational procedures, policies and standards
· Attract, retain, develop and supervise staff
· Other duties as assigned by the board
COMPENSATION: Depends on experience and capabilities; includes benefits package.
Please submit a cover letter by September 11 outlining your qualifications and experience, and a current resume in order to be considered for this position. Please include contact information for three current references. Send to: email@example.com -- or --
Search for Executive Director Helpline House 282 Knechtel Way NE Bainbridge Island, WA 98110
Helpline House is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. We encourage diverse applicants because we believe having a staff that authentically reflects the community we serve is critical to our ability to be culturally responsive.
About Helpline House
Helpline House is a nonprofit social service agency that offers a range of services to families and individuals in need, such as a food bank, social work case management, and mental health counseling. The organization is at an exciting, strategic inflection point, with an exceptionally strong financial footing and an opportunity to greatly extend its impact. See this post for a strategic overview and how to apply for our Executive Director opening: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/executive-director-wanted-seattle-area-nonprofit-social-matt-eldridge.
· Bachelor’s degree and 7-10 years of work experience in one or more of the following functional areas: operations management, fundraising, human relations, and marketing and communications
· Proven abilities in leadership, management and administration with experience in strategic planning, team building and organizational change
· Strong interpersonal skills; must enjoy working with clients, the public, staff, volunteers and donors
· Good understanding of systems, networks, and Microsoft Office applications, and how they can be used to maximize productivity and cost effectiveness
· Working knowledge of budget controls and accounting to maintain effective expense control
· Effective at meeting deadlines, balancing priorities and multi-tasking
· Solid public speaking and presentation skills
· Satisfactory criminal record check
· Master’s degree in management, social work or relevant social science field
· Experience with nonprofit board of directors and managing volunteers
· Skills related to revenue generation and ability to build and maintain a strong partnership with community organizations and the public
· Working knowledge of social service agencies, including but not limited to food banks, affordable housing, mental health counseling and case management
WORKING HOURS: This is a salaried, managerial position, without set working hours. It is exempt from overtime rules. The Executive Director will often need to attend board meetings, committee meetings, and other events outside normal business hours, including mornings, evenings, and some weekends.
Additional Salary Information: Prior Executive Director salary was $100K+ per year.
Helpline House is a nonprofit social service agency that offers a range of services to families and individuals in need, such as a food bank, social work case management, and mental health counseling. The organization is at an exciting, strategic inflection point, with an exceptionally strong financial footing and an opportunity to greatly extend its impact.
See this post for a strategic overvi...ew and how to apply for our Executive Director opening: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/executive-director-wanted-seattle-area-nonprofit-social-matt-eldridge.